SCRIP Gift Cards
What could be better than being able to work toward meeting your fund-raising commitment without spending any extra money?! With Scrip, hundreds of vendor gift cards are available to you. Think of Scrip as a change in your payment method. Instead of writing a check or paying by credit card for your normal monthly purchases, simply have some of these gift cards on hand and pay for your goods with them. You will be earning money towards your fund-raising commitment while spending NO EXTRA money!
How It Works
With Scrip, you purchase gift cards or gift certificates at face value online through http://www.shopwithscrip.com (Great Lakes Scrip Center). Scrip is available for grocery stores, clothing stores, gas stations, restaurants, Amazon.com, iTunes, and hundreds of other vendors. Between 2% and 15% of your purchase price goes to your family's student fund-raising account. The discounts for each vendor are listed on http://www.shopwithscrip.com. You’ll even be able to track your family’s earnings with the online reports available.
Quite a few vendors (e.g., Staples, iTunes, Amazon, Best Buy, Home Depot, etc.) offer ScripNow!, which is essentially an electronic gift card. It allows you to print your “card” instantly when you pay online with PrestoPay. Some vendors offer reloadable cards (Whole Foods, Exxon, Dominos Pizza to name a few). No more waiting for us to deliver your cards to you. They are adding to these lists of vendors all the time. See the web site above for more information.
Looking to give gift cards for the holidays? Order them through us by December 1 to ensure delivery – hundreds of vendors available. Sell gift cards to friends and families for the holiday -- you can use this convenient form to sell. Checks would be made out to you, and you would place the order on the scrip website.
Get Started With Scrip: It's Easy!
Go to http://www.shopwithscrip.com
1. Create Account. Click on "Create Account" under "Family Sign Up" in the green box. The second page asks for the enrollment code for JMCBO – enter 2A5CEL1C33648 (case sensitive). Note: if you already have an account for another fundraising organization, you will just need to add our organization. From the side navigation menu, click on "Manage Non-Profits" and then the button to "Join Another Non-Profit” using the above enrollment code.
2. Set-up Payment. Sign up for online payment. The funds will be directly debited from the account you choose at setup. It takes up to three business days to verify your account information so go ahead and get this started right away. Click on the PrestoPay link on the left side navigation menu on the Scrip website (http://www.shopwithscrip.com) and follow the instructions. Note that there is a small convenience fee of 15 cents per order (less than the cost of a stamp to mail a check to the PO Box).
3. Place Order. Enter your order by the 1st or 15th of the month to be included in the next team order. Select the cards and quantity you want to purchase and select PrestoPay as your payment option. Make sure your PrestoPay is active before you enter your first order. Encourage family and friends to place orders through you. Note that PrestoPay payments are debited from your account right away – so if you prefer, you can wait until closer to the ordering deadline to enter your order.
4. Take Delivery. Mary Shannon will call you to arrange delivery when the cards arrive the next week.
5. Buy Goods. Start paying for your normal monthly purchases with your Scrip gift cards and certificates. Couldn’t be easier to raise money toward your fundraising commitment!
To see your Scrip earnings, go to www.shopwithscrip.com and click on Reports in the left side navigation menu. Select “Family Order Rebate Summary Report” in the drop down box, enter your date parameters and run the report.
ScripNow! and card Reloads will be processed immediately by the system, so you have access right away. You may enter these orders at any time. Don’t hesitate to contact Deb Rymer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.